A lil’ quilt.

I sewed up a little sample for my class at Sew Modern. A beginner’s how to quilt class that includes some fun improv. piecing of log cabins. Just a little 30″ square quilt with four big blocks that sew up quickly.

Sew Modern Class Sample

I’m pretty sure the class is almost full but I’ll list it more in the future too.

This little center is my favorite part of the quilt. I love these gray stripes.  I’m in a stripes place these days.

Sew Modern Class Sample detail

Jacquie comes and speaks to the LAMQG tonight! AND we have the Robert Kaufman Kona Cottons Solids Challenge reveal. I can’t wait to see what everyone made! Not to mention that 70 people have RSVPed for the meeting. It’s gonna be a big one!

18 Responses to “A lil’ quilt.”

1. LizzyM March 10, 2011 at 10:20 am #

Love, love, love this quilt. Awesome colors — so fresh!

2. Michele March 10, 2011 at 10:43 am #

That’s so cute! It should really inspire the new quilters!

3. nettie March 10, 2011 at 11:04 am #

this is so cute. i love it. what’s that grey stripe? i might use it for sashing in my bee imag. quilt.

4. christine March 10, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Love the look of those parallel lines – do you go up and down on them? Do you do ever 3rd or 4th line first, then fill in the spaces, or do you start in the middle and work outwards?
    Do you slow down your machine? I tend to go quite fast with my walking foot on straight lines, and end up with puuuuuuckers! Would be nice to get rid of those :)

5. Lisa March 10, 2011 at 12:19 pm #

Very nice! About how long did it take you to make a quilt this size?
    Your stitches look great, by the way!

6. nicke March 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

so pretty. i love it. i need to make myself something like this….

7. rachel March 10, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

love this quilt, wish i could join your class.

8. Em' March 10, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

I’m lovin’ this quilt! How stinkin’ quick! I am thinking about you guys tonight, and am bummed I won’t get to meet Jacquie. BUT I am so excited to see all the slid challenge quilts! Is there a flickr group yet? 70 people, wow-wee! Have tons-o-fun for me!!! xoxo

9. Lisa March 10, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

What a lovely quilt! I’m going to have to try something like this too. Love how simple it is, yet it looks so sophisticated.

10. Krista - Poppyprint March 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

How awesome that Jacquie is visiting you all!! Have a wonderful meeting! Your sample quilt is perfect.

11. Jody March 10, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

I absolutely love love LOVE this quilt….it’s so beautiful Alissa! From the colors to the quilting to the choice of fabrics (love the use of stripes and circles and bold colors)….thanks for sharing it with us!!

12. ashley March 10, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

too cute! I’m really quite taken with this one – love the colors, that gray and white stripe, your improv blocks and the quilting!

I’m sure tonight’s meeting will be great – wish I was there!

13. lindaroo March 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

Did you intend to put the word LOVE in there? Does anyone else see it? Red L, circle O, red V tipped onto its side, lower-case E. If this is an accident of your improv piecing, I think it shows you have a lovely soul! True if it was intentional, too!

14. Tracy March 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm #

This is really lovely! Soooo cute!

15. Marisa March 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

Wow, those colors are awesome together. Everybody seems to be finishing quilts this week. I need to jump on that bandwagon. Beautiful.

16. Pippa March 12, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

Beautiful quilt! I can’t wait to see your challenge results!

17. Heather Anne Mentzer March 13, 2011 at 1:24 am #

So cute! I really love the colors you used.

18. Arita March 13, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Very cute. Looking forward to seeing the challenge pictures.