A new place to sew!

Got my new sewing space all sorted out!

My new sewing area

I need to hang more pretty little things on the wall, but otherwise, it’s all set. I have a cutting table. Hurray!

And I get to look out these doors all day long. This is what I like about living in Los Angeles… it’s a big not so pretty city, but you can find calm green spaces to be in.

My view

Lastly, this is the first use of my design wall!

Pink & Green part two

Still need to buy felt that is all the same color but meanwhile I love it!! No more moving fabric around on the floor while I try to keep the cats off it. I can actually arrange and rearrange to my heart’s content!! And step back to gaze… I am oh so pleased about it.

And now, as I look at this photo, I see the need for some more rearranging! This is clearly the other half of the pink and green baby quilts for the twin girls. Decided to push out my usual love for squares and do something with triangles. Can’t go wrong with a fun zig zag quilt. Now to sew it all together…

18 Responses to “A new place to sew!”

1. yaiAnn September 30, 2008 at 7:54 pm #

So jealous! I want one of those plexiglass things! I don’t think they make them for my machine, though. It’s so old!

2. artisania September 30, 2008 at 8:11 pm #

Looks great! I covet your design wall..

3. Elizabeth September 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm #

Congratulations and yay for design walls! Best. Thing. Ever. (I used queen-sized poly blend batting on mine and it’s been going strong for more than a year. Just an idea if you don’t want to piece the felt.)

4. Cate September 30, 2008 at 11:17 pm #

Looks great!! I need to stop by and see it in person.

5. Stephanie October 1, 2008 at 4:20 am #

Beautiful sewing space. Don’t you feel productive when you have a pretty space?

6. Carrie October 1, 2008 at 5:26 am #

Zigzag quilt! That’s a great idea with the pinks and greens. I have a zigzag quilt planned myself. Yeah on the new space!

7. LauraJ October 1, 2008 at 5:38 am #

What a beautiful view! Lucky lucky you! And that quilt is something gorgeous!

8. Katie October 1, 2008 at 5:57 am #

wow, it looks great! I need to get my sewing room in order. I can’t wait to see the zig zag quilt finished. It’s looking beautiful so far!

9. anina October 1, 2008 at 6:21 am #

Yay! Enjoy it!

10. Sarah October 1, 2008 at 7:09 am #

Very cool…and I love your vintage fan!

11. Cami October 1, 2008 at 8:47 am #

What a great crafting space. Perfect! And I am excited to see your blanket when it is finished, I just love those colors together. One day I’ll get a design wall.

12. catharine October 1, 2008 at 10:23 am #

yay! house/ crafty room looks great. i dream of a room like yours!

13. wendy October 1, 2008 at 12:52 pm #

Love that Heather Ross bicycle fabric! I totally need to make myself a design wall, especially since I have no devoted sewing room. I am constantly trying to keep my baby from spitting up on laid out squares!

14. rondabeyer October 1, 2008 at 5:12 pm #

I love your space, especially the french doors, maybe I should move my studio into my bedroom, I can see some fantastic creativity coming from you in your new space.. Happy Quilting

15. jacquie October 1, 2008 at 7:17 pm #

this is going to be great for you and a design wall is such a plus. and you’re right…you can’t go wrong with a zig zag!

16. Susan October 4, 2008 at 5:34 pm #

Great progress! I’m with the others – jealous of your new stash addition. Really nice fabric pieces.

17. amandajean October 16, 2008 at 6:36 pm #

what a great space to sew in! and hurray for your design wall!

sorry I’m behind. my (stupid) feed reader hasn’t shown me any updates on your site!!!

18. Shannon October 22, 2008 at 6:16 pm #

Hello! I LOVE your quilts!!! You do amazing work! I have a question…My team and I will be walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in May 2009 and we are required to raise $1,800 each to walk. Sometimes this can be tough..So we are hosting a “Pink Tie” affair silent auction in to help with our fundraising efforts. I was wondering if you would be willing to donate a quilt for our auction? I have a lot of the fabric squares, i just don’t know how to quilt. :( I could send them to you along with a letter telling you all about our team and about the auction. Let me know if this is something you may be interested in. Thank you so much for your time.

Shannon