A simple tote

Just whipped up this tote that’s a gift for my sister who I’m off to visit in New Hampshire, where we all grew up.  She lives in Gabon, Africa so we don’t get to catch up in person that frequently and I’m very excited. I offered to make her a bag and she requested a tote.  Here it is!

Bird Tote

It measures about 12″ x 16″.  Hard to go wrong with this amazing Anna Marie Horner Drawing Room fabric!

And the inside, which I always use as an excuse to keep free motion quilting in, oh… every project I make!  I’m on a sewing supplies buying ban so I had to line the bag with scrap quilt batting (I’m all out of interfacing!) so why not quilt it?!?

Bird Tote - Inside

I hope she likes it!

12 Responses to “A simple tote”

1. Cate August 21, 2008 at 4:57 pm #

Oh I’m sure she’ll love it. It’s beautiful! Nice job, as usual.

2. jacquie August 21, 2008 at 6:42 pm #

can’t believe you free motion quilted the inside of a tote! you are a bit nutty for free motion! can’t go wrong with this fabric…i’m sure she’ll be thrilled with it. have a fab time.

3. tricia August 21, 2008 at 7:11 pm #

Great bag! I love that fabric, such a sweet little bird:)

4. Amber August 21, 2008 at 7:48 pm #

It’s gorgeous – I’m sure she’ll love it!

5. Anina August 22, 2008 at 5:05 pm #

It’s lovely! I just discovered your lovely blog and am definitely adding it to my blog roll.

6. Victoria August 22, 2008 at 7:05 pm #

This is so pretty, I am sure she will love it, (who wouldn’t?!)
    Have a lovely visit!

7. amandajean August 22, 2008 at 8:09 pm #

I love the tote. I am sure your sister will be thrilled with it, too. have fun visiting her! when I make my bags I quilt them instead of using interfacing 99% of the time. I like how they are sturdy but still soft.

8. artisania August 23, 2008 at 1:03 am #

OMG how gorgeous is that fabric?!? You showcased it beautifully in that tote, well done!

9. Wendy August 23, 2008 at 5:21 pm #

I love it!

10. Carol August 25, 2008 at 12:15 pm #

Who wouldn’t like that, it is soooo adorable. I also like the fact that you free motioned the inner lining. I had never thought of doing that to one of my totes but am definitely going to try it. Makes the inside look so neat.

11. Kate August 25, 2008 at 6:10 pm #

Hi there! I wandered over from Crazy Mom Quilts and just wanted to tell you how lovely your quilts are. I was just reading through your blog and realized that I am the exact opposite of you, I love the way quilts look made with lots of white but have never actually made one! I want to soon (especially after seeing that bird quilt you did, so cute!) and so I have a somewhat dumb question for you… since you use a lot of white, is there a certain white fabric that you like to use more than others?

12. Randi August 27, 2008 at 7:29 pm #

Your sister is going to love it!