Back to quilting!

And now that the political event of our lifetime is over, time to get back to chatting about making quilts!

I was contacted about making a quilt for a silent auction that raises funds for the Avon walk. The woman who contact me donated a bunch of 5″ squares (the pink ribbons fabric) so I used that fabric as a jumping off point. I have been loving the simple squares, and since the 5″ squares were already cut, I though, why not another??

I’m almost done with the top – it will be a lap quilt in the end:

Charity quilt top progress

Charity Quilt top progress close up

And I’ve pulled fabrics for the next. I’m going to try to stretch the color scheme I am usually drawn to but I still can’t stay away from orange!

The next quilt

10 Responses to “Back to quilting!”

1. Sarah November 5, 2008 at 2:22 pm #

I love the fabrics you found for the Avon walk quilt!

2. Allison November 5, 2008 at 3:47 pm #

you have such a nice fabric stash! I love seeing people’s fabric stashes. I hurried and ordered a whole bunch of katie jump rope last night after reading on your blog they were discontinuing it, it will always be my favorite I think. I love the 5″squares too, did you know Moda is coming out soon with charm packs that are pre-cut triangles? Soon no one will have to “cut” anything! I love your auction quilt, and who doesn’t love Orange?

3. Michaela November 5, 2008 at 4:40 pm #

I love pink and brown combo and I am looking forward o the next one.

4. amandajean November 5, 2008 at 5:26 pm #

the charity quilt looks good!

what “pattern” are you using for the other fabrics that you’ve chosen?

5. Libby November 5, 2008 at 5:32 pm #

The pink and brown combo is yummy… I bet it will get lots of bids!

6. Amy November 6, 2008 at 4:25 am #

Love that orangey bundle of fabric.

7. Shannon November 6, 2008 at 5:19 am #

ALISSA…..you have really outdone yourself!! The quilt is going to look fantastic and I can’t wait to display it at the auction!!! It’s going to be a HIT!!! Thank you so much again for doing this! You are an Angel! I mean that! :)

8. sillydreamer November 6, 2008 at 9:27 am #

LOL….I’m always drawn to orange, yellow and pink.

9. terriaw November 6, 2008 at 8:59 pm #

This charity quilt is really pretty. What a great contribution. I love the group of fabrics you are putting together for the next project – they all go so well with the oranges.

10. Jeanine November 7, 2008 at 2:51 pm #

That’s a nice looking quilt you have there. As always, your quilts are inspiring.