Bees on the brain

With the Block Party quilt along about to get started and all of the new bees popping up over in the flickr group, I’ve had bees on the brain!

I made two more blocks for 12 Squared:

12 Square Oct.

The request was any sort of block you want. Was tough to decide but there’s a lot more fabric so I might make a couple more!

And all of the blocks that I’ve gotten back from Sew Connected 2! I had asked for no triangles and otherwise, no limits! I’m loving the blocks I’ve been getting back. I’m thinking white sashing (am I ever thinking anything else really??) but we’ll see once I’ve gotten all the blocks

Sew Connected 2 so far

Meanwhile slow and steady wins the race (I hope) with quilting the Lantern Bloom quilt. Dang stitching in the ditch (or right next to the ditch as I’ve found works a lot better for me) takes a long time! But I’m getting there! Just a glimpse…

Stitch in the ditch

A happy weekend to you all!

10 Responses to “Bees on the brain”

1. Amber November 6, 2009 at 11:11 am #

The Lantern Bloom quilt is looking great! And I love your Sew Connected blocks – gorgeous!

2. CitricSugar November 6, 2009 at 12:30 pm #

I love that first block – the off-set square for 12Squared! Mmmmm….diagonal symmetry…… :-)

3. Audrie November 6, 2009 at 1:46 pm #

Lovely blocks!!! And I love the quilting on the Lantern Bloom quilt. Clean and simple! I can’t stitch in the ditch to save my life, so I’m with you on stitching riiiight next to the ditch hehe

4. sew katie did November 6, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

I LOVE the Sew Connected 2 block with the grey. It really pops.

5. bekhy November 6, 2009 at 7:06 pm #

I can hardly wait to see the big purple quilt! I find along-side the ditch works better for me than actually in the ditch too. The Sew Connected blocks are amazing, I can hardly wait to see how you pull it all together.

6. Viv November 7, 2009 at 11:37 pm #

Wow, your Sew Connected blocks are fabulous. I’ve just done some next to the ditch quilting today, I’ve found it takes me about 3 times as long as stippling. I’d much rather stipple or other free motion quilt.

7. Cheryl Arkison November 9, 2009 at 8:04 am #

I vote for aqau sashing, just to be different! But it isn’t my quilt. Looking good so far.

8. Cheryl Arkison November 9, 2009 at 8:04 am #

I meant aqua.

9. jaybird November 12, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

stitching in the ditch does take longer than expected.. but its looking good!!

10. Hands Nails December 4, 2009 at 5:18 am #

Amazing patterns, i have to travel into london to find nice stuff like this. Any websites that sell this sort of stuff?