Center City by Jay McCarroll

For my work I live in two worlds. Mostly the modern quilting world. But I also have spent the last ten years casting reality shows and I have been lucky enough to cast Project Runway for the past few seasons. In the Venn diagram of these worlds, there’s just one tiny little overlap of one person. That person is Jay McCarroll, winner of season 1 of Runway and designer of fabulous quilting cottons!

He was nice enough to send me some of his latest fabric line, Center City.

IMG_9663

I love it. I really think that Jay brings an original voice to quilting cottons. He is designing prints that are very different from what’s out there and it’s really refreshing.

Center City is split into three colorways.

IMG_9683

Downtown…

IMG_9680

…Midtown…

IMG_9678

…and Uptown. Center City will be available in September and you can see it really well on Jay’s site.

IMG_9695

This great map print is my favorite.

IMG_9688

I can’t wait to start cutting into these amazing bold prints! I’m not usually a prints girl (you all know I love my solids) but when they are like this? I’m all about it!

15 Responses to “Center City by Jay McCarroll”

1. Cheryl Arkison August 23, 2012 at 11:04 am #

I still remember watching the first season and seeing him wear fabrics I had in my stash. And then his final show…
    Looking forward to some of these prints a lot.

2. Debbie-Esch House Quilts August 23, 2012 at 11:07 am #

I love that print that looks like buildings with windows!

3. Lisa E August 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm #

My daughters love Project Runway. I feel like I know a celebrity now!

4. Jan August 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Oh, these are fabulous. I like the map print, too.

5. Holly August 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

I love the image of the Venn diagram of your life where modern quilting and Project Runway come together!

6. ara jane August 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

i can’t wait to get my dirty little paws on this collection! i love that map print, too, and also that larger scale cityscape. and such terrific colors!

7. Valerie August 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm #

Ooo, these are great! I agree-he has a very original voice in quilting cottons. Look forward to seeing what you do with these:)

8. Emily August 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

I am gaga about this collection. I know exactly what I’m gunna make- counting the days!!

9. Audrie August 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Love!!! I’ve always loved his fabric… definitely will have to get some of this!

10. SewLindaAnn August 24, 2012 at 4:41 am #

Honestly this is the first of his line that I love. I liked, and bought, a few of the little creatures though. Love the casting for Project Runway this season, actually I’ve loved them all! A great diverse group.

11. Lindsay August 24, 2012 at 9:19 am #

Yes! My husband and I watch PR, and still say that it was ingenious how Jay used headphones in his final collection. It’s a favorite, for sure!

12. Ali M August 28, 2012 at 2:00 am #

I’ve actually seen a few of his prints and loved them but not made the connection with the Jay from project runway – now that I know I’m paying more attention, and I’m looking forward to get a few of them

13. sew katie did September 3, 2012 at 7:27 am #

I’ll be excited to see this one in person!

14. Jeifner September 10, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

Really wonderful colors and variety of print and scale. So excited to get my hands on some. It’ll go well with my collection-i mean pieces of VeloCity by Jessica Hogarth and City Scenes by Jane Dixon.

15. Marcia R September 13, 2012 at 8:40 am #

I’m so excited! I’m taking his class at Quiltcom!