Continued Success!

That’s what we’re having with the MQG!  Another great meeting of the Los Angeles branch on Monday night.  We were lucky enough to have Ashley, from Film in the Fridge visit us and it was great to meet her.  Ashley and I have been bloggy friends for a couple of years now so it was really wonderful to chit chat in person!

DSC_0204.JPG

Our show & tells are always fun, but this time around there was a really amazing quilt shown. Eliza bought this quilt on ebay and if you look closely (you can click through to flickr to see it bigger) it’s ALL little yoyos! Seriously so, so beautiful. She bought it from someone in Louisiana who was an African-American quilt collector. That’s all that she knows about it, but she is so lucky to own it! The quilter who made this would be so happy to know how loved her amazing quilt is.

DSC_0134.JPG

Lots more photos of the meeting (all taken by Emily) here!

10 Responses to “Continued Success!”

1. Heather March 3, 2010 at 7:20 am #

Aaaaahhh… look at how cute you too are! ;) I can’t wait for our Portland group to start up!! This makes me very j e a l o u s!!

XO, Heather

2. Ashley March 3, 2010 at 8:12 am #

it certainly was a lot of fun! if you had told me a couple years ago that we’d actually meet in person, I’d never have believed you!

(this photo… not my finest!)

3. Cheryl Arkison March 3, 2010 at 12:39 pm #

Now that could get me behind a yo yo! Ironically, I just learned how to make them at a recent guild meeting myself.

4. Amber March 3, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

how fun – been wondering about starting one here but I don’t know….

5. kate March 3, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

Looks like a gret night and I am in AWE of that YOYO quilt.

6. eliza March 3, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

i’m sooo happy to have found LAMQG! i’m glad you guys like my yo-yo quilt too!
    alissa, what a great blog.. this is why i can’t read quilting blogs, i become obsessed and need to read every post!
    (thanks for linking to my site)

7. Rene' March 3, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

That yoyo quilt is incredible! Looks like a fun meeting. So great to meet your bloggy friends in person. Today was the Orlando branch’s first meeting, and I got to meet a couple of my bloggy friends! It was a great success, and I thank you for getting the ball rolling. I added a picture to the MQG’s facebook page. Hope that’s OK.

8. jennifer March 5, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

Holy YO YOs!! That is one amazing quilt! I am DREAMING of the day we have a MQG in Denver.

9. Quilt Fabrics March 7, 2010 at 6:34 am #

What an incredible ebay find. This really is a wonderful piece of work. Thanks for sharing.

10. becky March 10, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

holy yo-yo’s batman!! those are great. takes a certain kind of person to make all of those…but then to finish them in a quilt- hope she used the yo-yo maker ;)