Fall?

So fall was here. And then it got replaced by summer again. LA weather is weird. Anyhow – to stay in the fall spirit I quickly whipped up this pillow sleeve.

Fall Pillow

The deer get all the props in Lush, but you can’t deny the trees!   That said, I couldn’t leave the deer out entirely…

Fall Pillow back

I’m still working away at the Lantern Bloom quilt. Only a few more blocks and then it’s time to move onto the back. It was fun to make and finish a small project since it’s been two bed sized quilts in a row. Ok – I’m back at it!

8 Responses to “Fall?”

1. Cate October 19, 2009 at 10:19 am #

Beautiful!

2. Audrie October 19, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

So lovely!! Nicely done :) Fall’s been replaced by winter over here in CT! It’s annoying how it went from nice and mild to can’t leave the house without a coat. Not happy!

3. eila October 19, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

So beautiful colors! I love this pillow!

4. Live a Colorful Life October 19, 2009 at 1:30 pm #

I SO wish I could find more Lush fabric. I love it so much, but came late to the party and now am spending a fortune on it–if I can even find it! I have the birds in two colorways. So of course the pillow just makes me wistfully sigh…

5. Jackie October 19, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

The pillow is great and definitely says fall. I love your Lantern Bloom Quilt.

6. Kathleen October 20, 2009 at 8:41 am #

Your work is so beautiful! You site is one of my favorites to click on for inspiration. Would you be willing to share what pattern you use for your sleeves? I would sooo love to try making some of these.

• Alissa October 20, 2009 at 8:47 am #

Hi Kathleen! Thanks so much! I don’t use a pattern for my sleeves. I just make it an inch bigger than the pillow form I’m making it for. Maybe I’ll post a tutorial one of these days!

7. julia::ordinarysaturdays October 20, 2009 at 4:38 pm #

What cool fabric. I like the little deer peeking on the back.