Finishing one and starting another!

Almost done here… just the binding left.

Blue&Green&Yellow quilting detail

What will I do when I run out of Heather Ross dogs?? I love them so. Good thing I just bought more in dark yellow & orange because you can’t find the blue anymore…

My mother requested a quilt and sent me loads of fabric to make it with. I love the challenge of working with the fabrics you’re given, while keeping your personal style in the quilt.

Here’s the fabrics I’m going to be using… I love the colors but wouldn’t have picked them myself so I’m excited for this one. Also a lot more solids than I usually work with so that will be really fun too.

Next Quilt

I’m thinking more improv pieced blocks with off white sashing. Kinda like these, but not as loud because I won’t be using nearly as many patterned fabrics… I’m going to get started soon! Maybe even today!

7 Responses to “Finishing one and starting another!”

1. Kama January 25, 2009 at 10:48 am #

I like your quilt and your fabrics! What kind of machine do you use to do the free motion? I have a quilt I’m making and want to quilt it myself, but I’m not sure that I can… It will be my first.

2. Carrie January 25, 2009 at 11:52 am #

Those solids will look striking in improv pieced blocks.

3. Jackie January 25, 2009 at 12:42 pm #

I like the quilt a lot! You are like me, I just finished quilting a few of my own quilts now I have to bind them. I do love the binding process. I can’t wait to see what you will be making for your mom.

4. Amy @ parkcitygirl January 25, 2009 at 2:42 pm #

Can’t wait to see what your mom’s quilt will look like! Great selection :)

5. katie January 25, 2009 at 3:57 pm #

such beautiful fabrics. I love the latest quilt. I know what you mean about the fabric. I feel the same about the gnome print. I can’t find it anywhere, and I love it. heather ross fabric is so nice.
    Can’t wait to see you mom’s quilt.

6. amandajean January 26, 2009 at 7:25 am #

i love solid fabrics!!! they are so much fun to work with. i’ll be waiting in great anticipation to see what you come up with!

your stippling is fantastic!!! that little quilt is going to be stiking!

7. mamaark January 28, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

Enjoy the challenge! It is always good to keep us on our toes.