Funky Wonky Squares Quilt!

Clearly I’m not the most creative at coming up with quilt names… oh well – I guess this says it all!

Wonky Blocks Quilt

All finished! I love it. Love love love it. I think it’s so youthful and funky and just fun!

Wonky Blocks Quilt Detail

For the back I did a simple strip of patchwork – mostly solids with a pop of pattern! The patterned fabric is the circles from Mingle. Man am I ever obsessed with those right now… I think I bought them in every colorway!

Wonky Blocks Quilt Back

And the chocolate brown binding adds a nice frame to it.

Wonky Blocks Quilt all folded up

It’s listed in my shop!

16 Responses to “Funky Wonky Squares Quilt!”

1. Janet Lucas June 23, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

I love it too.

2. Jackie June 23, 2009 at 12:52 pm #

It is a fantastic quilt! I am not so good with naming quilts either.

3. Allison June 23, 2009 at 1:49 pm #

I love this one! So cute and colorful! THat brown binding is my favorite, I don’t do dark bindings very often and I’m not sure why, I love it!

4. Kate June 23, 2009 at 4:02 pm #

Love this one! Great choice of fabrics!

5. Cate June 23, 2009 at 4:31 pm #

Wow – this is fantastic! Definitely a favorite.

6. Jessica June 23, 2009 at 4:37 pm #

You are so talented.
    I love getting your posts in my feed- but it always shows up twice! Any ideas to why this may be?

• Alissa June 23, 2009 at 4:41 pm #

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for your kind words and sorry about that feed issue… here’s my guess as to what’s going on: I was originally at handmadebyalissa.wordpress.com and now I’m just at handmadebyalissa.com. Maybe you are subscribed to both? My posts at my current site are automatically forwarded to the old wordpress site so perhaps that’s the problem. If you unsubscribe from the wordpress one, hopefully you’ll be all set! Please do let me know if that’s not the issue because I’ll have to try and figure out the answer!

7. Becky June 23, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

I don’t even name mine…just note who they were made for. I love to light up people’s faces when giving them a home/hand-made gift. My latest one (yesterday’s post) was for my daughter…she could not wait for it to get finished…she fell in love with the fabric after seeing it in a catalog and just HAD to have it.
    I really enjoying seeing your projects! This one is super cute and young looking. At 32, I am all about fun, young ones…makes me feel like I am staying younger I guess!

8. Carrie June 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm #

Love the wonky squares. It is fun.

9. Zarina June 23, 2009 at 6:00 pm #

I love the design and the white spaces. I love the backing – might use the same concept for my Wild Blossoms quilt (having naming issue too). I love how you framed it in chocolate which reminds me of the version that you can eat in cuddly shapes with nuts inside (fasting today so thinking of food when I’m not suppose to).

10. Cristin June 23, 2009 at 6:12 pm #

Just gorgeous! I’m going to use this style of square in my next quilting project – can’t wait!
    Well done :-)

11. Madison June 23, 2009 at 7:51 pm #

WOW!! So great! I love wonky stuff…it’s my fave. This is so frisky, I love it!

12. becky June 23, 2009 at 7:57 pm #

don’t they look so different all quilted and stuff. love it too. come check out my play along. http://whosies.blogspot.com/2009/06/play-along-night-stand.html

13. Sandra June 24, 2009 at 4:04 am #

Love this quilt, such nice colourcombination and the dark binding is great!

14. jacquie June 26, 2009 at 5:52 am #

so cute, alissa. i love that mingle fabric too….thanks to you!

15. amandajean June 30, 2009 at 9:39 am #

it’s gorgeous! i’ve had my eye on that mingle fabric, too. i have yet to add any to my collection, though. ;0) i love how you did the back on this one.