Hex progress

Actually going faster than I’d thought it would!  And oh the color!

Hex Rainbow

No lack of fun whimsical prints as centers either. Have decided I’m shooting for a baby quilt. We’ll see how it goes!

Hex Progress

28 Responses to “Hex progress”

1. Elizabeth March 24, 2010 at 9:23 am #

Pretty! Are you going to do white around these. I love it already!

• Alissa March 24, 2010 at 9:59 am #

Not sure about white – just making lots of the flowers for now and I’ll see where it leads me!

2. cheryl March 24, 2010 at 9:30 am #

wow, alissa! this looks amazing!

3. Cheryl Arkison March 24, 2010 at 9:33 am #

There is too much hex tempataion lately. You’re killing me.

4. Emily March 24, 2010 at 9:45 am #

oh my gosh!!!! i LOVE THiS idea of how you are using the hexes! love it!

5. Deborah March 24, 2010 at 9:53 am #

I am in love with these cute hexes – they look like flowers!! I follow your blog but would love some more information on them. Are you doing them by hand or on the machine and where did you get the pattern? They are beautiful! Deborah

• Alissa March 24, 2010 at 9:58 am #

Hi Deborah! This is all done by hand. Both basting the hexes around the paper and then sewing the hexes together. Slow going but just something I work on in the evenings when I watch a bit of t.v.! No pattern but if you Google “paper piecing hexagons” you’ll find all the info you need!

6. Ruth March 24, 2010 at 10:04 am #

Love them!!!

7. Audrie March 24, 2010 at 10:05 am #

They look so great!! One day I’ll get into hexes but I know I’ll be obsessed so I’m saving them for a long trip when I don’t have my sewing machine hehe

8. amanda March 24, 2010 at 10:21 am #

Incredibly gorgeous! I can’t wait to see what becomes of them!

9. Live a Colorful Life March 24, 2010 at 10:52 am #

Love the solid colors with the fun center. I might give my civil war reproduction print hexes away to a good home….and start over with fun solids and happy prints.

10. Meg March 24, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

This is such a cool riff off the old Grandmother’s Flowergarden hex quilt. Love it!

11. izzy inspired March 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

what luscious colors…they make my mouth water! i can’t wait to see them all put together!! what a great idea for a baby quilt, and all those colors will be so stimulating to his/her little eyes.

12. Munaiba March 24, 2010 at 1:48 pm #

Very cute Ashley!

13. Munaiba March 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm #

Sorry I meant to say very cute Alissa! I got my blogs confused lol

14. josie March 24, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

ooohhh lovely. love those solids. can’t wait to see them all together.

15. Raven March 25, 2010 at 4:17 am #

Oh I love the way you are doing these. So great surrounded by solids!!

16. Melanie March 25, 2010 at 4:43 am #

Oh, your solids are so pretty! I’ve been hooked on hexagons lately and started a charm quilt. I can’t wait to see yours evolve!

17. Norma March 25, 2010 at 4:45 am #

love it!

18. Karen March 25, 2010 at 6:30 am #

LOVE this!! I took an English Paper Piecing class this past Saturday and now I’m hooked. I love the handsewing, especially while watching TV. It’s a nice alternative to breaking out the sewing machine (since I don’t have a dedicated sewing room — yet).

19. nanette March 25, 2010 at 8:06 am #

I was just flicking through blogs today determined not to comment much so I could get on with things but I had to stop here because your pic is so cute. I love the staging and the colors. This is lovely. Or going to be something lovely.

20. KT March 25, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

Ooh, I’m totally loving these! I’m a total sucker for anything rainbow-y and can’t wait to see how it comes together.

21. jacquie March 25, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

love the centers…i can hardly believe you’re doing this all by hand…amazing!

22. erica March 26, 2010 at 9:34 am #

Oh my word! These are adorable, great idea! I am working on some hexes in hope valley and I am already thinking baby quilt, ha.

23. maman March 26, 2010 at 11:05 am #

Oh! I hate those!
    (just wanted to be different)

24. Jessica C March 27, 2010 at 6:11 am #

Um, wow. My hands hurt to see how much you have done. Gonna be beautiful, though.

25. Deborah March 27, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

Alissa, thanks again for your information. I have the hexes and have started putting them together. Where and how is the backing done – one flower at a time?? Thanks for your help – Deborah

26. Deborah April 8, 2010 at 6:03 am #

Alissa thanks os much for the info on the hexagons!! I am so enjoying doing them and feel like I’m getting the hang of it, some trial and error!! I did figure out how to do the backing – sorry – don’t know what I was thinking as I have done several quilts before, brain fog I suppose. Anyway I posted some pictures on the ones I have completed on my blog last night. Would love to share with you and again A BIG THANKS!! Deborah http://www.scott3pi.blogspot.com