Got the HUGE quilt top all finished!

It’s big.  It’s reeeeally big.  Right now it’s 106″ x 95″.  My goal is for 104″ x 93″ when it’s all washed so I went just a bit bigger… and it’s BIG! But I love it.  I really can’t wait to see this one all finished.

Finished HUGE quilt top

I’m a bit scared about tackling the quilting on my little sewing machine, but I’m just gonna go for it!!  First I need to make the back though.

Here’s a couple of my favorite blocks in it:

Favorite Block 1

Favorite Block 2

26 Responses to “Got the HUGE quilt top all finished!”

1. Cate January 31, 2009 at 2:37 pm #

Wow! I absolutely love the colors in this one. Beautiful!

2. Ammie January 31, 2009 at 3:05 pm #

That is so Awesome. I love the fabrics that you used in it. You need to post after you quilt it. I would love to see the end deal. good job.

3. jacquie January 31, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

oh alissa…i’m thrilled for you! this is such an accomplishment and it’s so beautiful. i can’t wait to see it all quilted on and your bed. wow!

4. Kerry January 31, 2009 at 5:34 pm #

WOW! It is really big! I’m too afraid to tackle that big of a project! Good for you.

5. Allison January 31, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

I LOVE IT! I love the colors! Do you have a hard time trying to decide where to put your favorite blocks? I always sit there trying to decide forever where to put them so I will see them the most! Silly. I quilted a king on my machine a few months ago for my Mom, it was a beast to quilt. I quilted it on her huge kitchen table and that made ALL the difference having the extra space and leverage, and I put a cardboard table beside me to hold the bulk of the quilt up, it made a huge difference because that is the hardest part! Good luck I can’t wait to see this one quilted!

6. amandajean January 31, 2009 at 7:00 pm #

i love the colors in this one. is it going to be for your bed??? good luck stippling a king quilt. (do you like how i just assume that you are going to stipple it?) i haven’t even attempted that on a king yet, but it’s coming up on my list of things to do. all too soon. :)

7. MichelleB January 31, 2009 at 7:13 pm #

It looks great! I can hardly wait to see it finished. I’m also looking forward to hearing about your challeneges in getting it quilted.

8. Amber January 31, 2009 at 7:18 pm #

Oh man – it looks amazing. Good luck on the quilting. I just finished one for my son – it’s 70″ x 80″ and it was a beast to quilt!

9. amanda January 31, 2009 at 7:24 pm #

oh alissa it’s gorgeous! I am truly afraid of big quilts so congrats on making that huge top.

10. Chen February 1, 2009 at 12:34 am #

Soooooooo pretty!!!!

11. nicolette February 1, 2009 at 1:02 am #

OMG, love this quilt!!! You’re brave to tackle the quilting with your sewing machine!!

12. Jane Weston February 1, 2009 at 1:50 am #

looks great!

13. Jackie February 1, 2009 at 4:49 am #

Great top and you are right, it is big! But have no fear you will get through it. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

14. treemama February 1, 2009 at 5:43 am #

that’s a work of art! i remember when i finished my king size quilt i swore i would never do one again!

15. Stacy February 1, 2009 at 7:41 am #

It’s beautiful (and huge!). I love it. Good luck with the quilting.

16. Robin (rsislandcrafts) February 1, 2009 at 2:03 pm #

Very pretty! I like the block with the deer in it too. They look they are from a paint by number picture.

17. Katy February 1, 2009 at 8:10 pm #

This is beautiful Alissa, well done!

18. Sarah February 2, 2009 at 5:41 am #

Woah, baby…that is huge! And beautiful!

19. Sara February 2, 2009 at 6:45 am #

Beautiful. I’ve seen that deer fabric and wondered what you could do with it–it’s great!

I’m interested to follow your progress quilting it!

20. Nikki February 2, 2009 at 8:10 am #

Awesome. I can’t wait to see how quilting it goes and to hear some tips from you so I can try it myself!

21. Ashley February 2, 2009 at 8:13 am #

Wow, so beautiful, and so large! I’m so impressed to hear that you’re going to do the quilting, and I look forward to seeing it finished! And then maybe I”ll bug you for some tips so I can get around to quilting my queen sized one! I hope this one will end up on your bed!

22. Jackie February 2, 2009 at 1:08 pm #

Love the quilt!

23. Elizabeth February 2, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

It’s beautiful! Good luck with your quilting!

24. mamaark February 3, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

I love the hits of blue! And what is that orange fabric in the outer square on the second block?

If you are doing mostly straight-line quilting, or even slightly wonky, it won’t be too hard to quilt. Even if you stipple just break it into sections, have it supported well, take breaks, and roll/reroll often.

25. anina February 23, 2009 at 11:54 am #

Wow! Stunning! Are you going to quilt that one yourself or send it out?

26. anina February 23, 2009 at 11:55 am #

Uh, OK, ignore the previous comment. I’m clearly not all here today!
    Good luck with the quilting.