It’s a quilter’s miracle!

I seem to have actually managed to train the cats to stay off of the quilts while I’m working on them!

Frank

Those of you with cats understand what a feat this is.

It’s a whole different story with these two…but they are allowed on this one!

M&O

14 Responses to “It’s a quilter’s miracle!”

1. jodi meenan January 28, 2011 at 7:14 am #

Ha! Now you have to give up your secret of how you managed THAT feat! Mine is impossible (cat – Lacey). I DO have my dog trained pretty well, though, although she doesn’t like staying off one bit and waits impatiently for me to get the stuff up off the floor out of her way! That quilt that your cute pugs are on looks very pretty!

2. Laurie January 28, 2011 at 8:09 am #

Those faces are just too cute! How can you resist saying no?!!

3. Audrie January 28, 2011 at 8:33 am #

Hehe my cats don’t go onto my quilts while I’m working on them either… people won’t believe me when I tell them!

4. Betty van Os January 28, 2011 at 8:37 am #

This must be a photoshopped photo! This must be fake!
    How can you teach a cat something that YOU want them (not) to do!
    Well done; can you teach me?

5. nichole January 28, 2011 at 10:41 am #

haha! a miracle indeed! my cat treats every quilt like it’s something i’ve made just for her.

one thing that’s helped is a little cat mat that i made and put next to my sewing machine. it’s just basically a mini-quilt (or over-sized potholder) and i put her on there when she tries to climb on whatever i’m making. it seems to keep her entertained for a bit, but then she’s always back to climbing all over m!

6. Brianna January 28, 2011 at 10:59 am #

I have photos of my dog on every quilt I have put on the floor to pin. He has to mark his territory.

7. DonnaB January 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

That is quite a feat! I don’t have cats, but I do have a pug that wants to sit on my lap whenever I’m at the sewing machine. She’s a bit peaved when I’m standing to cut fabric, but does stay off the table. Once I lay finished pieces on the bed, though, she’s all for doing her sniff inspection and comfort test!

8. Rachel January 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

You must share you secret. I get so frustrated when I’m trying to quilt, and cat #1 decides to lay on my quilt. I move cat #1, and cat #2 takes over. Sometimes, I can distract them with a soft cozy fleece blanket, especially if it is on top of a pillow.

9. PioneerValleyGirl January 28, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

Truly miraculous! You must share your secret – of course, if you can replicate it, you’ll make a mint. The only thing that works with mine is a locked door – and that’s not appreciated.

10. Susan McKey January 29, 2011 at 8:03 am #

You know they were just waiting for you to turn your back before they snuggled in on the quilts. That’s what mine have learned to do. Pets love quilts almost more than people do…

11. Lauren January 29, 2011 at 9:43 am #

Well how could you possibly say no to those cute little smooshy faces?! Glad you are cranking on the quilting (i see that pileup!).

12. Pinkying February 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

he he he :) would it be a bad thing if I admitted that one of the reasons why I love your blog (and started following it) was because of cute photos of pugs on quilts??? :) I have my WHOLE LIFE wanted a pug (“Pug” has be front and centre on every birthday/christmas wish list since I was about 5!)

13. katielea February 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

I need to know the secret to this. When I am working there’s one cat on the back of my chair, one cat on my feet, and one cat on the piece I’m working on! And I agree with Pioneer Valley Girl I can’t close the door because then I listen to them scratch on it!

14. Sandy O. February 3, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Oh my goodness, what an amazing furry family you have! They are so lovely!!! My cats are as addicted to fabric as I am, I think they just caught on how excited I get to be around fabric, and now they are too!
    I love to have them around. It’s a little exasperating when I’m cutting fabric or basting it, but when I’m at the machine they just stay there loking at me and when I’m hand binding they’ll just get under the quilt on my lap and snooze away :)

Congrats on the cuties.