Market Whirlwind

Wow. For a couple of years now I’ve seen the blog posts about other people going to Quilt Market and it always looked like so much fun. I wasn’t wrong. It’s an amazing time! It flies by and it’s tiring and your feet hurt at the end of every day but it sure is a hell of a lot of fun! It is almost surreal (but oh so wonderful!) to suddenly have everyone you know online all in one place together!

I’m going to blog about a couple of events that happened soon, but meanwhile, my three favorite things that I saw at Market (aside from people or things I was involved in):

The Michael Miller inspiration wall.

Market

This booth!

Market2

And Yoshiko Jinzenji’s amazingly beautiful fabric:

Market3

Back soon with more!

11 Responses to “Market Whirlwind”

1. Bonnie May 16, 2011 at 8:15 am #

As I’m looking at these fabulous pictures, I’m feeling just a little bit jealous! :) So glad you had a wonderful time!

2. Amy Hodge May 16, 2011 at 8:56 am #

That Zen Chic booth definitely caught my eye as well. It was very different from everything else at the market, both what they had and how they displayed it. The whole show is a great lesson in marketing! SOOOO awesome to finally meet you!!!

3. Krista - Poppyprint May 16, 2011 at 10:07 am #

That zen chic booth is stuh-ning!

4. Chelsea May 16, 2011 at 11:05 am #

That zen chic booth is amazing! Whose is it? I love the whole aesthetic and need some of those quilt patterns.

Can’t wait to see more reports!

5. badlandsquilts May 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Love the Zen chic booth, thanks for sharing!

6. Amber May 16, 2011 at 10:57 pm #

Just went through all your pics on Flikr…how fun! And that booth is amazing and that fabric is so, so gorgeous!!

7. Artlovely May 17, 2011 at 5:21 pm #

Who is selling the Jinzenji Yoshiko fabric? I’d love to get some of that.

• Alissa May 17, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

Hey there! Well, Jacquie and I spotted the fabric and then immediately both called our dealers (read: local fabric shop owners/enablers) over to the booth and they both bought some. It won’t ship for a bit of time, but Marmalade Fabrics will have some online and here in L.A., Sew Modern (only brick and mortar) will have some. I can’t wait to get my hands on it!!

8. Debbie-Esch House Quilts May 19, 2011 at 5:43 am #

Love the Michael Miller wall! And Zen Chic – totally amazing/fabulous…

9. Debbie-Esch House Quilts May 19, 2011 at 6:23 am #

Who is the designer from the Zen Chic booth? I must find them online :)

10. Brigitte May 20, 2011 at 8:36 am #

Thank you so much for honoring my booth on the SLC Market! I was overwhelmed with all the positive response we got! I am so grateful for the warm welcome of a lot of visitors. For anyone who like to know more of ZEN CHIC, the products or where to buy – please feel invited to visit http://www.brigitteheitland.de