More Hexagons!

But this time they are gonna be biiiig!

More hexagons!

So much faster this way.  I’m certain to be sewing these together this weekend. Oh and is anyone going to the Long Beach Quilt festival?  I might – depending on if I can pull myself away from the sewing machine….

18 Responses to “More Hexagons!”

1. anina July 24, 2009 at 8:08 am #

Love it!

2. Michaela July 24, 2009 at 9:14 am #

Oh, how fun…I will be stuck to the sewing machine this weekend as well.:)

3. Diane July 24, 2009 at 9:22 am #

I really, really like your hexagon quilt. Please tell me where I can find the pattern and do you use white Kona cotton in your quilts?
    Diane Tampa, FL

4. ~Michelle~ July 24, 2009 at 9:34 am #

I’m pretty sure I’m going tomorrow! Trying to decide if I should go in the morning, or wait til the afternoon… (ie, what time are the old ladies going to be the most brutal?)

5. Audrie July 24, 2009 at 9:41 am #

How cute! I definitely want to make a hexagon quilt sometime in the near future :)

6. Andi July 24, 2009 at 1:46 pm #

Looking good.
    Clever girl!!!

7. Faith July 24, 2009 at 2:23 pm #

That is such a happy quilt!

8. Kate July 24, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

I love these hexes – so big and bright! Happy sewing!

9. Gretchen July 24, 2009 at 5:14 pm #

I was at the quilt festival today – it was great. i got some great fat quarters for a great deal at Lazy Daisy Cottage, and some fun combos of fabrics at some other stand that i can’t remember and a few neat patterns. it’s possible that I’ll head over tomorrow as well – - just remember to watch out for all of those scooters and bring your own food – sandwiches are $10!!

10. Regina Moore July 24, 2009 at 7:00 pm #

Love this!

11. Autumn July 24, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

my friend went. My daughter had a soccer camp in Oceanside this morning. ;o( I heard it rocked.

12. Rita July 24, 2009 at 9:37 pm #

Definitely like the Half Hex Quilts you are making. Beautiful work! Hope you enjoy your quilt show if you go!

13. Debbie Myers July 25, 2009 at 8:34 am #

Hi Alissa,

If you DO go to the show, stop by “The Quilt Merchant” booth and say “Hi” to Docia (Doe-sha) and Jim for me!! I work at their shop!! And, they’re a LONG way from home; Winfield, IL, about 35 miles west of Chicago!! I’m on vacation in New York State as I write this. Her shop/booth/specialty is all Civil War reproductions. Even if they’re not your “cup of tea”, stop by anyways….her booth (and shop) is always stunning/gorgeous. You’ll appreciate the booth simply for it’s looks, if nothing else. You’ll so enjoy Jim and Docia; they’ll laugh when you tell them why /how you ended up at their booth!! Tell them Deb sends her love, and I’ll see them in a week, or so!!

14. beth July 25, 2009 at 4:36 pm #

i met you at the quilt show today. HOW FUN! the blog world just got smaller. :) when i left i thought of all my blog questions. i’ll probably e-mail you soon. you’ve got some wonderful quilts!

15. jaybird July 26, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

how big?? i have such a greater appreciation for your work since i met you!! your stuff was great before.. and now its just amazing! ;-)

16. Jackie July 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm #

It’s looking great! I can picture that in a bright funky Christmas fabric too. Enjoy the quilt show!

17. amandajean July 27, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

how big are they??? they look like lots of fun. i want to make a hex quilt…but oy, the works in progress are going to take over if i don’t watch it!

18. jacquie July 28, 2009 at 4:12 pm #

i’m hexing too….i couldn’t resist! i love them BIG!