Neutrals – lots of neutrals!

Finished up a quilt top that’s a commission. A version of this quilt in all neutrals was requested. It was a stretch for me because I usually use so much color but I am happy with the outcome!

Neutrals

Neutrals

The commission was for April, who’s blog is Regretsy. Have you ever checked out that blog?? There’s some stuff on there that you cannot believe actually exists. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

19 Responses to “Neutrals – lots of neutrals!”

1. Rene' March 10, 2010 at 8:26 am #

Alissa, I have admired this quilt in the original colors. This one in neutrals is great as well. Completely different look! I checked out Regretsy and you are right! Very clever play on words as well.

2. Laurel H. March 10, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Love this! I think I may like it even more than the original (although they are BOTH great)!

3. barbara March 10, 2010 at 8:58 am #

Ohh I love this. I love the colours, and I’m not usually a neutral fan really. What a great quilt.

4. Live a Colorful Life March 10, 2010 at 9:36 am #

The neutrals are amazing. I really like it.

5. Monet March 10, 2010 at 9:40 am #

It looks beautiful, Alissa. I think your creative placement of the black strips in particular makes it just as dynamic as your most brightly-colored quilts!

6. Audrie March 10, 2010 at 10:40 am #

I love this! So lovely that it’s mostly solids with a few pops of patterns here and there. I found Regretsy a while back and it’s the most hilarious and disturbing thing hehe

7. Bonnie March 10, 2010 at 10:59 am #

When it comes to quilts I am usually a pattern/colour kind of girl, but looking at this quilt I might have to rethink my preferances! This is absolutely beautiful.

8. Cheryl Arkison March 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm #

It’s always good to branch out a little. I’ve been doing that myself lately.

9. CitricSugar March 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm #

It turned out beautifully. I have a mad love for neutrals – which some folks find boring – but this one, once you get the texture of the quilting incorporated, will be anything but!

10. larissa March 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

Beautiful quilt! so sophisticated – love the neutrals you chose!

11. wishes, true and kind March 10, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

That quilt really works, doesn’t it! I have a friend who loves neutrals and I’m thinking about making a quilt for her. Now I feel a little more confident that you can make a very pretty quilt with just neutrals.

12. Andrea March 10, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

Regretsy – I am *dying!* Oh. My. Too much. And then some. Thanks for sharing!!

13. Jackie March 10, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

Love your quilt! Regretsy is too funny!

14. Suzy March 10, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

I love this quilt in neutrals. I can’t believe some of the stuff on Regretsy, thanks for the link…what a hoot!

15. Elizabeth March 10, 2010 at 10:04 pm #

How did I not know about Regretsy? Just so awesome. Much like your quilt, which is also awesome! The small amount of black (or whatever the dark one is) really makes the composition for me!

16. erica March 11, 2010 at 8:45 am #

Stunning! I really, really, like this!

17. Joyce March 11, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

I also am not a real neutral person, but I think this is great

18. Abi March 14, 2010 at 7:32 am #

So nice! I especially like the limited use of prints – perfect. Isn’t regretsy so funny? I’ve forwarded links many times…I read about it in a magazine…which seems a little crazy given all the nutty pictures :)

19. jaybird March 14, 2010 at 8:44 pm #

neutral.. and very few patterns… could have been a mess.. but it’s beautiful!!