Pink & Green quilts for some twin baby girls!

I finished up the set for my friend who is expecting twin girls.  She told me that she’s doing her nursery in greens & tans, but I can’t resist pink!  I figured this way, they will match but add a fun pop of pink.  To my knowledge, my friend doesn’t know about my blog, so here’s hopin’ it’s still true!

I used the same fabrics in both quilts, but one is simple squares and the other is a zigzag quilt.  I had fun making them both, but it’s official that I just don’t like working with triangles as much as squares.  I’m just a squares kinda girl I guess!

Pink & Green Squares Baby quilt

In looking at this next photo, I’m made highly away of the fact that I could be a bit more of a perfectionist in my quilting… I need to work on that. Just a tad more diligence and this line wouldn’t look so stupidly wonky.  I generally like wonky, but this was unintended wonk…

Pink & Green Squares Back

And the zigzag!

Pink & Green Zig Zag Quilt

I broke a few needles quilting these triangles… how does one make the bump of layers where all of the triangles meet, thinner? Is there a trick or tip I don’t know?

Pink & Green Zig Zag - Back

And a couple of close ups:

Pinks & Green Squares - detail

Pink & Green Zig Zag quilt back detail

And on a completely different, yet quilt related, note this is so great!

21 Responses to “Pink & Green quilts for some twin baby girls!”

1. Sarah October 9, 2008 at 2:29 pm #

Very cute. Love the quilting!

2. anina October 9, 2008 at 2:33 pm #

These are stunning! What lucky little girls.

3. Katie October 9, 2008 at 2:38 pm #

another beautiful quilt! I love, love the pink and green together. one of my favorite combos!

4. nettie October 9, 2008 at 3:03 pm #

they are both perfect! I love the green bird paint by number print. Cute, cute!

I always change my needle before I quilt a triangles quilt…

5. Carrie October 9, 2008 at 3:10 pm #

Both so cute, but I love the zigzag! Especially the back. She’s sure to love these.

On triangles, you can trim the excess points to reduce bulk. I usually manage fine with that alone, but my quilting book suggests something like the “Twisting Seams” method here: http://www.debbiemumm.com/Projects/Quilting/GeneralDirections.aspx

6. Stacy October 9, 2008 at 3:47 pm #

Great job – I love them both. I’m a sucker for pink and green combos!

7. Cami October 9, 2008 at 5:05 pm #

These are so cute! I love the vw bus! These colors work great together. I really like the backing you did on these. YOu are so creative.

8. Cate October 9, 2008 at 5:23 pm #

Both so beautiful!

9. yaiAnn October 9, 2008 at 11:45 pm #

Love the zigzags! Can you just turn the handcrank when you get to the points? At least that way you can control the speed of entry.

10. Lee-Anne Gilbert October 10, 2008 at 2:24 am #

Hey… don’t call it wonky… just refer to it as a design decision!! Remember… no quilt police!! Looks gorgeous as per usual. :-) Lx

11. Mariah October 10, 2008 at 4:45 am #

Great job on both of them, especially the zigzag. Wonky is good, that makes it special. Anyone could go into the store and buy a “perfect” factory made blanket. You make one of a kind quilts, if it’s a tad wonky that makes it so much better :)

Have a great weekend !

12. Ashley October 10, 2008 at 6:52 am #

No one will be able to resist those quilts – they’re beautiful! And they look so cute together!

13. jacquie October 10, 2008 at 8:53 am #

on my zig zag i pressed the seams open…it definitely helps. did you donate? i did and now i’m wishing, hoping and praying! isn’t that quilt wonderful!
    i love these you made too. i’m kinda with you on the squares…i always have triangle issues.

14. Michelle October 10, 2008 at 10:02 am #

They look amazing!! You are so inspirational! I just started my first stacked coins quilt! I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing!!!

15. Jackie October 10, 2008 at 1:14 pm #

Cute, cute quilts! I love them all! Pressing the seams open may help some.

16. Beth October 10, 2008 at 4:05 pm #

I just found you through Bekka. Your work is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

17. LeeAnn October 12, 2008 at 9:48 am #

This is my first time here on your blog. I love it. Maybe reading through a few more posts will get me motivated to start a new quilt for my living room.

18. amandajean October 16, 2008 at 6:47 pm #

I love both of the quilts. the color scheme is perfect. and I like how one is squares and one is zig zag. you did a great job!!!

19. Amy @ parkcitygirl October 18, 2008 at 10:58 am #

Glad you tried something new with the triangles – even if they gave you a bit of trouble :) They both look great!

20. chaletgirl October 18, 2008 at 4:12 pm #

I’m not a huge fan of green, but what you have done with these quilts is just beautiful. I love how you used the same fabrics, yet the quilts are different. I imagine your friend will be absolutely thrilled with these.

21. Kristina December 8, 2008 at 10:59 am #

As the recipient of the these AMAZING quilts I feel quite honored!! They are absolutely beautiful and something the girls will treasure forever.

Great job and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!