Some sewing!

I actually fit some in this weekend! I have found that long periods of time away from the sewing machine tend to make it harder for me to commit my free time to sewing because I’m out of the swing of it. I miss it, but I’m not used to spending my days back in the sewing room… I need to get out of that mind frame though because once I’m there, I love it!

Remember this design? Well I finished the quilt top!

IMG_9971

It’s queen sized and I’m really happy with how it came out. Oh how I love solids. I need to do some serious destashing of a lot of my prints – I’m rarely drawn to most of them anymore…

IMG_9986

Now to get to the next steps! I’ve settled on how I’m going to quilt it, and it’s going to take forever because it’s (of course) dense straight line quilting. I’ve never done that on a quilt this big before – wish me luck!

9 Responses to “Some sewing!”

1. Lora October 1, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Beautiful! It’s like floating in calm water with little glimpses of fish here and there.

2. Charlotte October 1, 2012 at 9:45 am #

that is so beautiful – I love everything about it! Can’t wait to see it quilted.

3. tracy_a October 1, 2012 at 10:45 am #

really gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

4. Kate October 1, 2012 at 11:13 am #

Love it!

That straight-line quilting really does take forever, but it is SO worth it!

Good luck!

5. Caryn October 1, 2012 at 11:29 am #

I love this quilt! Such a straight forward design with a stunning result!

6. Lauren aka Giddy99 October 1, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Gorgeous!!! Love this!

7. QuiltNut Creations October 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm #

Fabulous! I love it, love it, love it!!

8. cinzia allocca October 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

This is so great! I love solids too! Can’t live without them!

9. organic bird nest November 18, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Hey I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while
    I was researching on Aol for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just
    like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.