Sparks Baby Quilt

I finished a new baby quilt for some friends whose last name is Sparks.  It’s such a good last name, that I’m using it for the name of the quilt! This is another gender neutral one ’cause they are waiting to find out.

Sparks Baby Quilt

I love how this quilt came out.  It’s sort of a mini version of my Land & Sea Quilt.  I actually kept track of the measurements as I made this one, so I’m thinking I’ll post the pattern soon.

Sparks Baby Quilt - Detail

A fussy cut center of each block will be fun for the baby as he or she grows up!

One of my usual pieced backs:

Sparks Baby Quilt - Back detail

24 Responses to “Sparks Baby Quilt”

1. Carrie January 23, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

The fussy cut centers are great. Sparks is a great name.

2. Amber January 23, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

Amazing as always – and I agree, the fussy cut squares are wonderful!

3. Rosa January 23, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

I would love to know the measurements. It looks lovely. What a lucky baby.

• Alissa January 23, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

Thanks Rosa! I’ll definitely be putting the pattern up in the next few days!

4. Cathy January 23, 2009 at 12:27 pm #

Nice new blog you got! I love this unisex baby quilt. Looking forward to the pattern whenever you have it available.

5. Cate January 23, 2009 at 12:35 pm #

Looks amazing, as always!

6. Ashley January 23, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

Very, very nice! Great colors, and the centers of those blocks are so cute!

7. kerri January 23, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

this is so lovely!! love the little animals in the middle of each sqaure. so cute!! :)

8. Amy @ parkcitygirl January 23, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

the fussy cut is worth it here! all different and so cute :) looks great!

9. Chen January 23, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

Really a pretty quilt and I love all the fussy cutting!

10. amandajean January 23, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

that quilt turned out so great, alissa! i LOVE it. and great name, too. sometimes i swear that is the hardest part. :)

11. Jackie January 23, 2009 at 3:25 pm #

The quilt turned out fantastic. I love it!

12. Janis January 23, 2009 at 4:48 pm #

This is just fabulous! I love the use of white, it makes the colors pop. Great job!!!

13. Shannon January 23, 2009 at 4:58 pm #

The quilt is beautiful. A pattern is definitely a good idea. :)

14. Allison January 23, 2009 at 5:50 pm #

Very Very cute! I’m glad you kept track of the measurements, I always forget, and then the next time I want to make it again I have to figure it all out again, its a pain. I love all your different centers, Its like a way cuter version of an eye spy quilt. ANyways I love it, good job!

15. Marla January 24, 2009 at 6:10 pm #

Cute as always!

16. Wendy January 27, 2009 at 8:09 am #

I love this one! I love that whole line of Heather Ross fabrics, the Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries that the dogs came from. Those fabrics are softer than any other designer fabrics for some reason. I love the fish in bags and the loose fish. Anyway, anothe gorgeous quilt! This is my favorite blog! I gave you a shout out over on my blog, I hope that is ok. Thanks,
    Wendy

17. K-Sue January 28, 2009 at 9:38 am #

This is cute as can be, and I think the baby will spend lots of time studying the little pictures on each block.

18. Amy January 30, 2009 at 11:05 am #

I love it! May I ask what the measurements of the blocks are and what the center of the block measures as well? Love the color scheme!

• Alissa January 30, 2009 at 11:32 am #

Thanks Amy! I’m going to be posting the pattern soon so just keep an eye out for it and you’ll get all those details!

19. Emily January 30, 2009 at 4:51 pm #

Oh, good! I am so glad that you will be posting a pattern soon. I am eager to know your dimensions. I am working on something similar for my daughter’s new toddler bed. But I haven’t decided on the dimensions of the blocks yet. Thanks!

20. katie February 18, 2009 at 10:15 am #

thanks for the great pattern on this quilt. I have been meaning to ask you about the fabric on the white background, with the orange flowers. I saw a quilt you did also had that print in green. I saw it a few years ago, but never got it and now i can’t find it. Is it a Moda print? i can’t remember. let me know if you have any info. on it. that would be great! i will check back in the comments.
    thanks a ton!
    Katie

21. Kathleen April 15, 2009 at 6:28 pm #

Yes! please post the measurements. Your work is SO DARLING!! I’m surely going to see more picts from you. THanks for sharing.

22. Emily January 3, 2010 at 5:30 am #

I made one and love how it came out! Thanks for the great directions!