The Best Ever.

That’s what the LAMQG 1st annual quilting retreat was.  Seriously.  The. Best. Ever.  We had so much fun!

First off – 18 inches of snow fell while we were there.  That’s a whole lotta snow.  Amazing that this is only an hour and a half outside of sunny Los Angeles!

LAMQG Retreat

Those are the cars we drove up in. And we stayed up in those cute lil’ cabins.

We dealt with one vehicular mishap, but all ended ok and while there was some trudging around in the snow to get places, everyone was warm, inside and sewing, sewing, sewing for most of the time.

LAMQG Retreat
We were in such a great space! We even had a big cozy fireplace that we all gathered around the whole weekend.

LAMQG Retreat
The knitting nook was also quite active through out!

The women I’ve met in the LAMQG have become irreplaceable to me. I’ve made so many friends who I am certain I will still be sewing and laughing with when we are old cranky quilting ladies. This has added to my life immeasurably and I’m so, so thankful for what we’ve created here with The MQG.  I read on blogs that lots of you are having similar experiences in your local Modern Quilt Guilds and that makes me so happy. We’ve started something really great here.

Anyhow, I didn’t get nearly as much done as I could have… but you know what happened just as much as quilting? Chatting. Lots and lots and lots of chatting.

We all could have stayed for longer! And next year we will.

LAMQG Retreat

Many more photos here.

17 Responses to “The Best Ever.”

1. Becky M March 1, 2011 at 7:39 am #

oh wow, that looks like fun. I love that some people brought their babies! Yay for being able to continue doing what you love even with small children!

2. V March 1, 2011 at 8:12 am #

that looks like the best time ever indeed! look at all that snow and a great fireplace! perfect!

3. Holly March 1, 2011 at 8:18 am #

Sounds like an amazing time! The Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild just had their first day-long retreat on the weekend. Thanks for being a catalyst for so many amazing MQGs!

4. Lisa March 1, 2011 at 8:29 am #

Looks like so much fun! How wonderful to sew and chat and lounge. Perfect.

5. Krista - Poppyprint March 1, 2011 at 8:50 am #

You all look so lovely and cozy! How wonderful that babies were welcome – that is a very progressive guild and just one more reason why we need “modern” quilt guilds!!! Retreating rocks. Wish I had been there to hold a baby!

6. Eileen March 1, 2011 at 11:20 am #

How wonderful! It sure does look fun and cozy! I hope I can join in for the next one! :)

7. susan b. March 1, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

Wow, that is just lovely!!! What a beautiful place to spend a super fun weekend crafting and chatting.

8. Jen B. March 1, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

Looks like it was a very successful retreat, despite the snow. I bet those baby’s were super spoiled and the little one looks so comfy snuggled up in the wrap. Sigh, I miss wrapping my baby, especially since as a pre-schooler he doesn’t let me anymore!

9. Aunt Spicy March 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

Amazing! I am so jealous, I love Lake Arrowhead!

10. Melissa March 1, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

Beautiful snow! So glad you had a great time. It’s so wonderful to get away for a while to do what you love with people you enjoy.

11. Munaiba March 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

Wow that’s one HEAVY DUTY iron in the last photo. I’ve never seen one so big.

12. Pippa March 1, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

Looks like you had a great time! What fun ;)

13. Melissa and Piper March 1, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

I told Piper what was going on last weekend, and she was SO jealous that all her quilting aunties were there without us!
    Not that it was ever in question, but I’m so glad you guys had such a great! Once again, the LAMQG sets the trend. :)
    And I am personally just elated that Katie and Liz brought their little girls. They are creating a legacy – both with their daughters, and with everyone who reads their blogs. It’s not always easy to take the baby along, but it feels so good when you can.

14. jacquie March 2, 2011 at 10:02 am #

JEEEEEEALOUS!

15. Livia March 6, 2011 at 9:29 am #

Looks like an incredible time!! I wish I had a guild near me!!!

16. Lisa March 6, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

Looks like a fab time, we have our in April can’t wait! I can’t believe you got so much snow.

17. Valori Wells March 8, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

Oh my gosh I love seeing the photos and I see my girl Jamie Gonce – I miss seeing that beautiful face! I am so happy to come across your blog and will visit again. It really looks wonderful!