The Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild is in action!

We had our first meeting for the LAMQG last night. It was so much fun! Such a wonderful group of people who love to chat about quilting as much as I do.

Quilt Guild meeting

20 of us at our very first meeting!

The Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild

Oh the fabric shopping, block making, workshop having, and quilting quilting quilting we’re going to do! If you are in the LA area and haven’t joined us yet, I hope that you do!  We have all levels of experience represented so even if you’re just getting started with quilting you are more than welcome!

17 Responses to “The Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild is in action!”

1. Audrie October 13, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

That looks so lovely! How fun to sit around talking about quilting :) Wish I were near LA!

2. beth October 13, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

I’m so glad your first meeting was a success!

3. Janice October 13, 2009 at 2:05 pm #

Argh, I’m so sad I couldn’t make it! Hubby had to work late and I wasn’t about to unleash my 5-week-old on all of you. Have another meeting SOON!

4. Diane October 13, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

Do please share all, our local quilt group needs new ideas and a good dose of perk up. Thanks, and if I lived in LA, I’d love to come.

5. mari October 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

i would love to join! how do I do so?

• Alissa October 13, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

Hi Mari! Thanks for commenting – I’ll email you an invite to our online group where all the details are. Anyone else who’s interested can also just comment here.

6. Nancy October 13, 2009 at 4:05 pm #

Your previous post would be a great topic for the guild since we were talking about just creating without a pattern. It WAS a great meeting and it WILL be such a wonderful and inspiring guild. Thanks for your inspiration and leadership.

7. Madison October 13, 2009 at 4:38 pm #

Oh, I’m so jealous I don’t live in LA. It sounds/looks like a blast! I feel so isolated in Michigan. Nobody does modern quilting around here! Congratulations on the guild! Looks like lots of friends and food and fun :)

8. Stephanie October 14, 2009 at 6:53 am #

I live in Ohio and would LOVE to start one here. I feel like there’s about to be a quilting revival and this is just what the quilting world needs! Please continue to share the how/what/when etc so that I can learn from you. Not sure how to get one started here.

9. Alissa October 14, 2009 at 10:24 am #

HI Stephanie! Keep me in the loop if you do start one because we should all be united!

10. Kelly Todd October 14, 2009 at 4:17 pm #

Man! I so wish I lived in LA! Looks like such a fun group :)

11. Sarah October 14, 2009 at 7:37 pm #

Add Wisconsin to the list! My local guild is all grannies who make pastel blue quilts. They are so sweet and I do love them but I am so jealous of the LA girls! Wish I was with you rock stars!

12. amandajean October 15, 2009 at 7:01 am #

it looks like so much fun!

13. kathi October 15, 2009 at 4:41 pm #

I guess it’s a good thing I don’t live in LA because I would want to join you and you all look a lot younger than I do! Boo hoo.

14. Kristine October 19, 2009 at 10:58 am #

This sounds so exciting, I’d love to find out more information about joining!

15. Melissa October 30, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

I live in the L.A. area… sort of. I would love to know more about the group and possibly join. Please let me know how I would go about doing so. Thanks!

16. Nancy M. January 8, 2010 at 10:45 pm #

I live in the Valley and would love to come to one of your meetings – I am just getting back into quilting. Where do you meet? When?? info please!