The next quilt top.

Just finished the next quilt top. It’s the only WIP I have going. I’ve come to realize that I’m not a quilter who gets loads of things going at once. For the most part I just make one quilt at a time, from start to finish. Am I weird? From reading other people’s blogs I feel like I am!

My New Quilt Top!

This one’s going to be queen sized. I got to pull out all of my favorite fabrics and mix and match to make loads of blocks with them. I love each block individually!

Quilt Top Close up

I’m excited to get to the quilting of this… off to start the back…

35 Responses to “The next quilt top.”

1. valerie October 14, 2008 at 6:23 pm #

I wish I could get going on my quilts. You do a great job. I am just a beginner. Hope to quilt some this winter. The garden has kept me so busy!

2. Alice Grace October 14, 2008 at 6:29 pm #

Lovely quilt!

3. jennicakes October 14, 2008 at 6:32 pm #

I LOVE it! The colors are just incredible!

4. Cate October 14, 2008 at 6:46 pm #

Ummm…ummmm….Who’s this one FOR???

5. Sheila October 14, 2008 at 6:51 pm #

I love this quilt I can’t wait to make one like it. But unlike you I have many projects going I have a hard time getting myself to complete one.

6. Carrie October 14, 2008 at 7:01 pm #

This one is going to be very fun. I hope it’s for you this time! I usually have only one project in the works, but right now I definitely have too many fires going at once.

7. Yvette October 14, 2008 at 7:09 pm #

When I first started quilting I would work on one thing at a time. I don’t know what happened, I suddenly have 13 things going on at the same time. My goal for 2009 is to finish all of these and go back to one project at a time.

8. Beth October 14, 2008 at 7:22 pm #

This top is beautiful. So cheerful! I love the turquoise and orange tones.

One quilt project at a time keeps me focused and keeps my stash from growing to an unmanageable size. My problem, however, is that I have competing quilting and knitting projects. Oh, there are never enough hours in the day!

9. Leonie October 14, 2008 at 8:01 pm #

Hi Alisa, I have been watching the quilts pile up and am always thinking that they look lovely, but often get distracted before I get a chance to comment!! I am also a one project kind of girl whether it be knitting or quilting, having more than one project going makes me antsy. I try to have multiple projects going occasionally just to see if I have changed but generally revert to one at a time!

10. Katie October 14, 2008 at 8:17 pm #

gorgeous! you work so fast!

11. jacquie October 14, 2008 at 8:25 pm #

i kinda wish i was a one at a time person. i’m a starter and have to force myself to be a finisher.

12. yaiAnn October 14, 2008 at 9:51 pm #

You ARE speedy! Dang.. I work on quilts, the same way. Pretty much one at a time. Knitting is a different story entirely!

13. Ashley October 15, 2008 at 6:49 am #

Wow Alissa, you really are fast! I didn’t even get a chance to tell you how much I liked the new blocks and you’ve already got the top all done! Anyway, it looks beautiful!! I love all the colors and the mix of fabrics and patterns. Just lovely.

14. Amy October 15, 2008 at 7:09 am #

Oooo- I love it! It’s so fresh and bright!

15. anina October 15, 2008 at 8:21 am #

Absolutely stunning!
    And, no, you’re not weird. I used to be a “one project” girl myself but then I got sucked in by all the crazy people in blogland (LOL) and now I have a pile of things stressing me out.

16. margaret October 15, 2008 at 9:46 am #

I love your quilts and choice of fabrics. Amazing!and like the other folks are saying, wow you’re quick!!

17. Concha October 15, 2008 at 11:01 am #

I don’t think it’s weird to work on a quilt at a time… it’s only natural! :)

I love this quilt top: the white borders really enhance your choice of fabrics!

18. Stacy October 15, 2008 at 11:24 am #

I LOVE it! The colors are great. I think going from start to finish is a good thing, even if I don’t do it myself.

19. Lisa October 15, 2008 at 11:49 am #

Oh, that is breathtaking, can I have it?

20. sarah October 15, 2008 at 4:15 pm #

I just came across your blog and I am so in love with your quilts! They are so beautiful and well balanced. I cant wait to see this quilt when it is finished =)

21. Lee-Anne Gilbert October 15, 2008 at 4:28 pm #

Not weird Alissa… just focused!! I get too sidetracked to stay on one project at a time. It looks great by the way!! Lx

22. valerie October 15, 2008 at 8:01 pm #

You have been tagged on my blog. I love yours!

23. Marla October 16, 2008 at 7:56 am #

Alissa, I just love it and I love your blog! Thank you for sharing pictures of what you are doing.

LOL….I only work on one quilt at a time too. However, about midway through, I got pick out and start figuring what my next quilt will be.

24. catharine October 16, 2008 at 9:38 am #

seriously beautiful deary! i’m totally in love with this quilt!

25. rebecca October 16, 2008 at 11:09 am #

i love your blocks, too. they are so delightful!

26. Tory October 16, 2008 at 5:37 pm #

Fabulous, of course! But I must know…when do you sleep? :-)

27. amandajean October 16, 2008 at 6:55 pm #

you might be a little weird. :) I’m so not a one project at time girl. but over 10 quilts in progress will stress me out.

this project is so so SO fabulous. I LOVE IT! I really really do.

28. Mariah October 17, 2008 at 5:41 am #

Delicious ! As usual. Can’t wait to see it finished !

29. Trisha October 17, 2008 at 7:42 am #

That’s beautiful! I love the colors. (And I recognize many of those fabrics, too. :) ) I think it makes sense to work on one project at a time, too – if I don’t, I get distracted and I don’t finish anything!

30. MichelleB October 18, 2008 at 8:03 am #

I love this quilt! I have many quilts started, too. I find that usually get bogged down in the quilting process. They might need a backing or backing, and then I get involved in the next project. It’s very easy to plan quilt tops, and forget about the rest of it. LOL

31. Amy @ parkcitygirl October 18, 2008 at 10:57 am #

Looks great! I have a hard time working on more than one thing too – I try not to get to sidetracked in quilting, ’cause I do so much around the house!

32. chaletgirl October 18, 2008 at 4:10 pm #

I love this! I might have to make a copy for myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

33. star October 18, 2008 at 5:15 pm #

i really like this quilt top! if you’re weird, it’s definitely a good thing! at least you finish your quilts then and don’t have a bunch of UFO’s unlike…..me…..ahem….. :)

34. nettie October 19, 2008 at 4:31 pm #

i USED to be a one project at a time person, but something happened and all of a sudden I have like 10 quilts going. I need to revert back to my original ways.

very beautiful quilt.

35. susan October 23, 2008 at 11:53 am #

that is a good quality to have. you get more accomplished that way and dont have piles of projects everywhere!! this quilt is just so scrumptious