Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/surlyviv/handmadebyalissa.com/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_261/admin/functions.php on line 229
The next quilt… | Alissa Haight Carlton Quilts

The next quilt…

Some beautiful Lantern Bloom fat quarters for my next quilt!

Lantern Bloom FQs

A commission that will have no white included! I’m so excited to be pushed out of my comfort zone with this fabric and quilt. Can’t wait to get started.

Today is my last day on the most recent job… Oh beloved sewing machine – we are soon to be together again!

Happy weekend to you all!

15 Responses to “The next quilt…”

1. beth October 2, 2009 at 8:54 am #

VERY nice! Beautiful fabric! Bet you’re READY to make this one! Have a great last day of work.

2. Audrie October 2, 2009 at 8:55 am #

No white?! Eep! I’d be scared and excited too hehe :) Have a great weekend too!!

3. Jessica October 2, 2009 at 9:16 am #

I love stack-of-fabric photos! This fabric line is new to me–can’t wait to see what you make. Happy last day of work; love your blog!

4. jaybird October 2, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

i have a FQ stack of lanern bloom.. & a plan.. just no time to do it yet… i look forward to seeing what you come up with.. especially with no white!

5. Jackie October 2, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

Isn’t it great to be challenged somewhat? Going out of your comfort zone can be a good thing. Can’t wait to see what you cook up!

6. Tami October 2, 2009 at 8:54 pm #

I just finished a quilt with the lantern bloom collection. I have to say it has to be some of my favorite fabrics ever!I am sure you will enjoy working with it and the challenge of working outside your comfort. Maybe I should do the same, I NEVER use white!

7. Viv October 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm #

What a gorgeous array of colours. I’d like to get my hands on some of that line. Can’t wait to see what you make with it.

8. Debbie G October 3, 2009 at 4:57 am #

That line has some wonderful fabric in it. I can’t wait to see what you do with it!

9. Meg October 3, 2009 at 6:37 am #

Oh my goodness, I love that line! I can’t wait to see how the quilt turns out!

10. kristen - gock's frocks October 3, 2009 at 2:25 pm #

can’t wait to see what you come up with – so wish I were closer to LA… I would love to come to teh modern quilt guild!

11. Janet October 4, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Luscious fabrics. I’m one that has to force myself to use white so this is right up my alley.

12. Stacey October 4, 2009 at 8:30 am #

I am just wrapping up a wonky log cabin with this fabric collection – and I used bold turquoise shot cotton for my sashing – waaaay out of my comfort zone too but I am hoping the recipient with love it:) I’ll be watching yours come together – good luck!

13. Teresa p October 5, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

What, no white! How will you be able to work?! Just kidding. Can’t wait to see what you make – those fabrics are lovely.

14. Cheryl Arkison October 6, 2009 at 6:56 am #

Yeah for you for pushing boundaries! Love that fabric, have been drooling over it for a while, but I’m trying not to buy.

15. jacquie October 6, 2009 at 3:29 pm #

congrats! this will be different for you!