What I did over my long weekend.

- Enjoyed my new and improved design wall.

Bigger & Better design wall.

Yes, I have finally moved on from the tri-colored random bits of felt! If you don’t have one of these, I can’t recommend it enough. I use a piece of batting thumb tacked to the wall. Simple and transformative for your design process… At least for me it was.

- Wished I had a friend having a baby boy so that I could use these fabrics for a quilt.

Next Quilt

Maybe I’ll make one even though I don’t. I’m liking these primary colors right now.

- And of course, I worked on quilting The Beast.

The Beast

I’m never pebble quilting a queen sized quilt again. Never. Ever. Again. I’m sure the pay off will be great but good god it’s taking freakin’ FOREVER! One more session that’s a couple of hours long and I should be done though. I’ll be happy to have this quilt behind me.

Wishing you all a great short work week!

15 Responses to “What I did over my long weekend.”

1. Jane Swanson September 8, 2009 at 7:34 am #

What an amazing accomplishment! I enjoyed watching your video and your calm and controlled way of moving. Who makes that darling cowboy fabric? I love it too!

2. Sandy September 8, 2009 at 9:16 am #

I love the cowboy fabric ….. wish more kids nowdays wanted to be cowboys.

I can’t see the other photos … guess flickr is having problems. bummer

3. Faith September 8, 2009 at 9:16 am #

Wow! I LOVE looking at all your fabric! You are really inspiring me to organize mine and put up a design wall!

4. Amber September 8, 2009 at 9:27 am #

I need to put up a design wall too – and that quilt is going to be amazing when you are finished – maybe find a good audiobook to listen to – it makes the time pass quicker!

5. Cate September 8, 2009 at 10:43 am #

Can’t wait to see those cowboys in a quilt. Too cute. And the beast is gonna be amazing when it’s done!

6. beth September 8, 2009 at 12:34 pm #

love the cowboy fabric and your great design wall. keep it up on that pebble beast…you can do it!

7. Audrie September 8, 2009 at 1:06 pm #

Those little cowboys are adorable!! And kudos to you on on pebble quilting the queen sized quilt…just keep telling yourself it’ll be beautiful and worth the trouble hehe :)

8. Christine September 8, 2009 at 2:40 pm #

so the fabrics just stick to the batting on your design wall???

9. lindse September 8, 2009 at 2:55 pm #

Such sweet fabric! And the quilt will be gorgeous…but I agree – that is SO much work for one quilt! And a lot of thread too!

10. Kate September 8, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

Your machine will need a service after all those pebbles!!!

11. Jackie September 8, 2009 at 5:09 pm #

Good to see you are enjoying your Ikea Desk! Love mine, and always will. Your quilt is looking great!

12. jaybird September 8, 2009 at 8:17 pm #

i know your pain… really i do!! but you’ll love it when it is done… your new design wall looks great! i’m glad you had a good weekend.

13. amy September 9, 2009 at 6:39 am #

Ironically, I’m also pebble quilting a queen/king size quilt. I would have taken it to the quilter but she’s a few months out and I didn’t want to wait. I just went to the store yesterday to buy ANOTHER extra large spool of thread. My pebbles are small, like quarter size and everyday I work on it for at least 15 minutes. I’d really like to get it done because I’m using my backup machine to do some regular quilting projects on and it’s not nearly as powerful. I wish I had a whole day to work on that monster! Good luck with yours!

14. Rita September 10, 2009 at 11:06 pm #

What a wonderful workspace you have! Fabulous piles of fabric, so beautiful! Love the pebbling quilting look and texture though, I hope you can be inspired to quilt more quilts just like it.

15. Janis September 11, 2009 at 9:17 pm #

Your pebble quilting is just gorgeous! Sorry it is such a time-sucker-upper!

Love that cowboy fabric too. Can’t wait to see the final result on that . . .