A winner and a change…

First of all, thank you all so much for all of your amazing comments! 366 of you commented and I read every single one. You are all so kind! Your support is wonderful!

Ok – getting down to business! The random number generator gave me:

Picture 1

This means that Katie from Philigry is the winner! Katie, I’ll drop you an e-mail to get your mailing address.

And now, the change… These past hyper-productive quilting months have been wonderful, but I have also been unemployed. Happily, the unemployment has come to an end! I think that I’ve mentioned previously that for my “real job” I cast reality shows and I’ve landed a very lucky job. Project Runway! Tell your fashion designer friends! Tell your fashion blogger friends! Spread the word. We are looking for people to be on the show!

Meanwhile, I’m not going to be able to think about quilting nearly as much. I’m really going to try to keep posting regularly here, but I’m sure you’ll hear less from me. I’ve been sewing every day to have so much to blog about. Oh how I will miss my sewing machine!

In other news, I’ve finished the last of this pattern. Don’t need to make this one again for awhile. I still think it’s super cute, but five is enough for now!!

The Last Squares in Squares QuiltThe Last Squares in Squares Quilt - Back

The Last Squares in Squares Quilt - detail

The Last Squares in Squares Quilt - back detail

Happy Monday to all of you!

35 Responses to “A winner and a change…”

1. Sarah April 13, 2009 at 6:56 am #

Adorable quilt. :)

2. lesthook April 13, 2009 at 8:10 am #

I have enjoyed watching you make these pretty quilts. Project cRunway is coming back? I am so excited! I love this show!

3. Kama April 13, 2009 at 8:28 am #

Congrats on the super cool job!

4. nichole April 13, 2009 at 8:53 am #

congrats on the new job! it sounds like it will be a fun one. :)

5. katie April 13, 2009 at 9:11 am #

Alissa! thanks so much.
    that sounds like the coolest job ever! how exciting for you!

6. Nancy April 13, 2009 at 9:15 am #

Oh, I LOVE Project Runway. Pick some good ones!! lol You WILL make sure to tell us when it starts.

7. Mary on Lake Pulaski April 13, 2009 at 9:18 am #

Wow, Project Runway!! I hope you love the job and keep us in the loop!

8. Ashley April 13, 2009 at 9:30 am #

Alissa – how exciting! Sounds like such a fun job, especially when casting for such a great show (I’m excited to hear it will be back on again!)… though I will be sad not to see as many new quilts from you. Hopefully you’ll still find some free time for sewing!

9. Amber April 13, 2009 at 9:35 am #

ok that is so cool – what a fun job! Can’t wait to see the group you get for the next season!! And I will so miss all your quilts and posts…hope you are still able to find some time to quilt!

10. Amber April 13, 2009 at 9:37 am #

Ha ha – I just read Ashley’s post above and we wrote almost the same thing!

11. tracy April 13, 2009 at 9:39 am #

Congratulations, that’s spectacular!

12. Amy @ parkcitygirl April 13, 2009 at 9:52 am #

Congrats to Katie on the win AND to you!!! What a great job :) I love that show!

be sure to stop by my blog this week – we are having some fun!

13. Maranda April 13, 2009 at 10:07 am #

Congrats on the new job:) I hope that you still find time to quilt, your quilts are amazing.

14. Tammy April 13, 2009 at 11:33 am #

Alissa – that is sssooo fab!!! I am so happy for you. I know you will miss sewing-but having a steady paycheck is fab too. You will JUST HAVE to keep us posted about the show. As you can see we all love Project Runway. Keep us posted on all the “behind the scenes” drama !! I’m just very excited for you. Best of Luck !

15. Mal* April 13, 2009 at 11:49 am #

Wow! Congratulations on the amazing (and soooo-LA) news! Glad you are going to be able to be working! So many people are struggling right now.

Will miss the gorgeous quilts but look forward to still following your adventures, neighbor.

16. wendy April 13, 2009 at 11:56 am #

Wow, look at you! To paraphrase Christian from Project Runway, “I don’t know if everyone’s heard, but you’re kind of a big deal.”

17. wendy April 13, 2009 at 11:57 am #

By the way, still love that quilt even though i’ve seen it many times, I never get sick of looking at it. Still wondering what that darn oval pink and green fabric is~!

18. Chris Warnick April 13, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

Congrats!!! How exciting! We will miss your frequent posts but will take whatever we can get. Love the latest ISpy quilt BTW.

19. Marissa April 13, 2009 at 12:09 pm #

I love project runway, it can be so inspiring. I hope you really like working there. I will miss you posting so often, I love all your quilts!

20. Carrie April 13, 2009 at 1:09 pm #

Another sweet quilt. Congrats on the upcoming work! Very exciting.

21. Michaela April 13, 2009 at 1:23 pm #

What a cool job! Very happy for you, it so good to hear a good job story today.

22. craftytammie April 13, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

Hooray for you! I love that show!

23. Frogdancer April 13, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

Congratuations on the new job.

(Selfishly, I was relieved when you said the enormous output of quilts was because you had been unemployed. I was feeling VERY like an underachiever, wondering how you did it all. Of course, now all is revealed.)

24. Penny G April 13, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

Congratulations on your new job. May it be an opportunity that continues to grow your career in a way that brings you joy.

25. Jackie April 13, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

Congratulations on your job! I just recently found your blog though and I’m going to miss seeing so much from you! :)

26. Maria April 13, 2009 at 6:11 pm #

Project Runway…You leaving us? You don’t know how much I’m going to miss coming here everyday and reading your blog and seeing all your beautiful stuff you make. Hope you come at least once a week. Good luck anyway.

27. Alison April 13, 2009 at 11:34 pm #

How exciting! I wonder if you cast people from other countries? One of my friends was in the final 30 for the Australian version of the show, but missed out. We studied textile art together and her fledgling fashion label does well at markets. My teen and I still watch re-runs constantly here in Asia as well.

28. Viv April 14, 2009 at 1:05 am #

Congratualtions on your job! I hope it’s fun and fabulous.

29. Jeanine April 14, 2009 at 5:50 am #

I love the quilt. Congrats on your new gig. You must be very excited.

30. beki April 14, 2009 at 6:03 am #

Hooray for Katie!! And wow, what a cool job!

31. Bekhy April 14, 2009 at 8:05 pm #

Congratulations on landing a job–it sounds pretty high power. To think I kind of sort of know someone who casts for Project Runway! Still looking forward to your next quilty adventure.

32. carolyn jurrjens April 15, 2009 at 3:23 am #

Congrats Alissa on the coolest!!! job, l love Project Runway and we get it here in oz, another season should be starting soon so l will be thinking of you when l watch it, l will miss your posts and seeing all your beautiful quilts, good luck.

33. amandajean April 15, 2009 at 5:11 am #

what wonderful news about your job!!! that sounds super fun. i hope that you still find time to sew and blog.

34. Tif April 20, 2009 at 5:38 pm #

alissa, just wanted wish you luck with your new job! so happy for you!

35. Alison Marie April 23, 2009 at 6:52 am #

Congrats on the end to unemployment! That’s a reality show I *do* watch! I’ve also gone back to the working entertainment world, & am just catching up on your last month’s worth of posts now – this latest quilt is very easter-egg-adorable!