Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/surlyviv/handmadebyalissa.com/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_261/admin/functions.php on line 229
Yum! | Alissa Haight Carlton Quilts

Yum!

When you start a day off with the mail delivering this how can you go wrong? Had to get some more of the wonderful Katie Jump Rope (and more) for a commissioned quilt and magically some other lovely (mostly pink) fabric snuck into the order… how did that happen?!?

New Fabric!

I’m making lots of progress here… Just have to hand stitch down the binding now!

What A Bunch of Squares being quiltedWhat A Bunch of Squares Progress

I just realized that the fabric I mentioned is designed by Denyse Schmidt, and the pattern of this quilt is too.  Gee – think I’m a fan??

And to wrap up this post, I’d just like to say how wonderful this whole community is. I know that this is not news, but I started my blog so recently and to have so many lovely people say such nice things to me right off the bat is really so so wonderful. It makes me happy! So thank you!!

9 Responses to “Yum!”

1. Amber August 9, 2008 at 12:33 am #

The quilt is beautiful! And I had a great mail day too :-)

2. yaiAnn August 9, 2008 at 12:35 am #

Look at all that yummy fabric! Do tell, where do you purchase your goods?

3. nettie August 9, 2008 at 6:44 am #

such a great stack of fabric…there is just too much lovely fabric in the world (I want it all).

Love this quilt, and love denyse too.

4. Cami August 9, 2008 at 10:02 am #

The quilting looks great! I love this quilt. And, woohoo for new fabrics!~

5. shannon August 9, 2008 at 9:48 pm #

Hi Alissa,
    Wow! that is a great mail day–i love all of these fabrics. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You make some beautiful quilts.

6. amandajean August 12, 2008 at 8:14 pm #

what a delicious stack of fabric! I love it. and your stippling is amazing!!!

7. Piper August 14, 2008 at 6:37 am #

Wow! This is just beautiful! I love the new fabrics you got and your quilt is looking wonderful. You do a great job on your meandering! Such great inspiration!

8. Maria Isabel September 28, 2008 at 7:35 am #

Hi Alissa, i like the your work. I´m from Uruguay, and small time i doing patch. Excusme for my english, i speak spanish.
    Beautiful quilts

9. Abbey May 23, 2010 at 2:53 pm #

Alissa,
    Just found your lovely blog (and this photo) through flickr. I have and embarrassingly basic question for you (I am a new-ish quilter, still figuring this all out). How do you do that quilting, that random meandering stitching? I assume it is something your machine does…? I have done something similar to this on a few quilts I’ve made, though my stitching is less compact, as it is hard to manuever the fabric all around in that small of a space (I have to turn my fabric sideways, upside down, etc.)
    Is there some easier way of doing this I’m missing, or do I need a better sewing machine with this function?
    Sorry this was so long. If you have time to email me, I’m at abbey_rice@hotmail.com.
    Thanks!